Welcome to Saent. Your privacy is important to us.
Please note that the scope of this Policy is limited to personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) collected or received by Saent through your use of the Service. Saent is not responsible for the actions of third party people or companies, the content of their sites, the use of information you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Any link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those people or companies.
By using the Service, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the processing of your data, including your Personal Information, in the manner provided in this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the Service.
Information Collection and Use
Saent collects Personal Information as described below. Saent’s primary goals in collecting and using Personal Information is to create your account, provide Services to you, improve our Service, contact you, conduct research and create reports for internal use. We store information on servers primarily located in the United States and may store Personal Information on servers and equipment in other countries. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
The Personal Information we receive and store when you access the Service may include: (1) your name, (2) your user identification number and/or user name, (3) locale, city, state and country, (4) gender, (5) age or birth date, (6) email address, (7) profile picture or its URL, (8) your phone number, (9) the user identification numbers for your friends that are also connected to Saent’s Service and (10) your profession, (11) your application and site activity. In addition, whenever you use our Services, we collect data about all of your interactions and behavior within our application via server log files and Google Analytics. Note that this does not include your personal browsing history, nor content of any sites, messages or documents.
Collection via Mobile Platforms
When you use any of the Saent applications on a mobile platform, we may collect and record certain information such as your unique device ID, hardware type, the version of your operating system (“OS”), your device name, and your location (based on your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and longitude and latitude provided by your device). This information is useful to us for troubleshooting and helps us understand usage trends.
We may also give users the opportunity to opt-in to location-based services, which rely upon a device’s GPS coordinates. You may opt-out of these location services via the settings on your device. A user’s location may be used to suggest friends with whom they might want to connect, analyze usage trends or target certain promotions.
In addition, we might create a unique user mobile ID to track your use of our Service. This unique user mobile ID is stored in connection with your profile information to track the Saent applications you are using. We may link the unique user mobile ID to the online user ID to connect your profiles and associated data for internal analysis and targeting certain promotions.
Collection via Saent’s Sites
We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Services – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible.
Saent may at times offer you the ability to post content to a blog, message board, chat room or within Saent’s applications or other forums (“Forums”). You should be aware that any visitor to the Forums may read your postings on the Forums. Furthermore, any information that you may post to a Forum, including your username or other account profile information, will be disclosed and available to all users and viewers of that Forum, and will therefore no longer be private. Saent cannot guarantee the security of such information that is disclosed or communicated online in public areas such as the Forums, and you provide such information at your own risk. Saent does not author, edit, endorse, or monitor any Forum. You acknowledge and agree that Saent has no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided on any Forum. Saent reserves the right at any time, in its sole discretion, to remove any content that a user may post on any Forum and restrict their access to any Forum.
We may also acquire information from you through (1) your access and participation in message boards on the Service, (2) your email of a question to our customer support, (3) your participation in surveys regarding the Service or (4) your participation in a sweepstakes or contest through the Service.
How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your Personal Information to:
- create user accounts and allow users to user our Service;
- create a user profile;
- identify and suggest connections with other Saent users;
- operate and improve our Service;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Service;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- contact you about your experience with the Services;
- communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Saent and our selected partners;
- to provide leader boards and promote user achievements;
- enable you to communicate with other users;
- link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services;
- analyze user trends and target certain promotions;
- research purposes in combination with select partners;
- connect you with other users via our Service and for SMS notifications.
Disclosure of Your information
Saent does not share your Personal Information except as approved by you or as described below:
- With your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your Personal Information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies.
- Saent may engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Examples of these services include sending e-mails to you and analyzing data. While these agents and service providers may have access to your Personal Information in connection with the performance of services for Saent, they may not use such information for any purpose other than providing such services to us.
- In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
- Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any video or image content that such user has uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our services. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Services and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
- We may release your information as permitted by law or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- Saent may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of our assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may anonymize your Personal Information so that you are not individually identified, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate usage information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual.
Invite a Friend
Saent may offer you the opportunity to opt-in to import your address book contacts or manually enter e-mail addresses so that your contacts can be located in Saent applications and/or you can invite them to join you in using Saent. Such contact information will be used only for the purpose of sending communications to the addressee.
We help you send these invites on your behalf and as your service provider. You agree that you and/or your friend are responsible for any data transfer fees or text messaging rates that apply. You can opt-out from the storing of these contacts. Passwords provided to Saent for importing purposes will not be stored by Saent. In addition, you or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
Changes to the Policy
Saent takes reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on the Service in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Our Policy Regarding Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Service. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use our Service or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any Personal Information. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
Please note that any and all of your data can be handed over to you and/or removed from our servers at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com. In addition, you can further refine your privacy and data settings in our application under Settings > Privacy & Data.
If you have any questions about this Policy or just want to say hi, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for using Saent!